During the cold winter months, there is a good chance that unprotected water pipes will freeze. If this happens, you may only have the annoyance of having no water. However, your interrupted water service could turn into a disaster when the pipes thaw. Water pipes may have ruptured, and as the pipes thaw, ice turns back into water and that water can cause property damage and will require plumbing repairs.
Here are things you and Bob Larson Plumbing can do to reduce the chances of your water lines freezing:
- Turn off the outside water valve.
- Disconnect water hoses and drain water from pipes with an open faucet to make sure no water is flowing.
- Ensure that your water heater is working properly.
- For vacant houses and such, allow a trickle of hot and cold water to drip. The cost of dripping water is small compared to the damage from frozen pipes.
- Make sure that your running water doesn’t go to a drain that is exposed to extreme cold. That could cause another freezing problem.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors under sinks to allow ambient heat to circulate around uninsulated pipes.
- Heat unused rooms that have plumbing. Sometimes a simple, incandescent light bulb burning can already generate enough heat to save you thousands of dollars in repairs.
- Insulate pipes in areas where there is no heat such as the garage, storm porch, or crawl space.
- Caulk any air leaks around doors and windows to reduce cold air penetration. Spray cans of foam can also be used for larger air leaks around dryer vents and cable line connections.
Up to $200 OFF your services Cannot be combined with any other coupon or special offer. Valid from Aug 17, 2021 - Dec 31, 2022
If frozen pipes do occur, our Tacoma plumbers at Bob Larson Plumbing can thaw those pipes. We thaw the pipes safely and repair any pipe damage immediately, which lessens the damage to the walls, ceilings, and floors.
Please call (253) 780-0844 to request an appointment in Tacoma, Olympia, or surrounding areas for more information.
GOOGLE GUARANTEEDWe have passed Google's rigorous standards to be qualified for Google's Guarantee.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEEDYou’ll be delighted with the high level of care, attention and service you receive from beginning to end.
To fit your busy schedule, we can schedule your service call for when it is most convenient for you.
FULL PRICE UP-FRONT
You receive the full price up-front, so you can make the best decision for your home.
You can rest easy and be sure of quality workmanship with our signed guarantees.
LICENSED & INSURED
Our licensed and insured professionals are trained to the nation’s highest standards
“I HIGHLY recommend his company. GOOD JOB BOB...All three of our toilets are FIXED and UPDATED!”Kathleen Galvin Lakewood,, WA